TWnM Harvesting Pears in Lipson’s Yard – 2 Volunteers needed
Lipson Parcel: 1302 Boal Ave. Boalsburg (just past overpass of 322E and Boal Ave, look for blue lion statue at end of driveway on the house # sign, along with ‘Think We, Not Me’)
Level of difficulty: Easy
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES: In addition to your General Volunteer activities, we are looking for (1) Photography Volunteer to take pictures and (1) Distribution Delivery Volunteer to transport the harvest to the Distribution Partner location(s) we designate. If you are willing to do either of these tasks, please click the appropriate checkbox which will appear after you click the “Sign Up Now” button. We will contact you with more details.
Please REMEMBER to check for TWnM UPDATES by scrolling to the bottom/end of our Website Home Page for Pix and our Thanks to all who volunteered for given opportunities!!
Important guidelines for your volunteer activity:
- Observe the directions for parking listed on the site description.
- Hydration is key – bring a water bottle!
- Our team will provide all needed equipment, such as shovels, rakes, carrying and storage containers, etc.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes and a shirt. Remember to bring boots if it has been raining recently.
- Volunteering sessions will last NO LONGER than 2 hours (unless you choose to remain if work remains to be done).
- If you have your own gloves, please bring your own (we will have a limited amount available for those who don’t have gloves)
- Remember to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer at the end of your activity.
- There are no restroom facilities at any TWnM garden site (our regular volunteer sessions are only 2 hours long)
- Rock clearing requires repeated bending to pick up rocks that weigh from 1 to 5 lb. Please assess your ability to do this activity before signing up.
PLEASE NOTE: No children under the age of 14…..all Volunteers 14 -16 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian who we ask to also register to participate.
Need to cancel? We rely on our volunteers, but we also understand that life happens. If you’re unable to attend a workday simply log back on and cancel your registration, preferably at least 48 hours before your workday.
Please note that volunteer shifts may need to be canceled for several reasons including the weather. You will be notified of a cancellations by an email. Please check your email before leaving your home if there’s any chance of a weather related cancellation (will be an email from WordPress@thinkwenotme.org)
Waiver of Liability and Media Release
Gardening and the activities related to growing, storing, and transporting food have inherent risks for physical strain and the potential for accidents and injury. Some volunteers may operate equipment or handle tools that pose additional risk for themselves and others. We rely on you to exercise care and conduct your activities safely. You must assess your physical capabilities before volunteering and undertaking any of the activities. If a task is more challenging than you anticipated, then ask for help or ask for another activity that better suits your situation.
In consideration of your participation in this Activity, you release from liability and waive your right to sue to Think We, not Me Community Food Growing Program, the Founding Members, Growers, Distribution, and Hub Centers, volunteers, and agents (collectively “TWnM CFGP”) from any and all claims, including claims of negligence, resulting in any physical injury, illness (including death) or economic loss you may suffer or which may result from your participation in this Activity, travel to and from the Activity, or any events incidental to this Activity.
I hereby give TWnM Community Food Growing Program permission to use photographs, film, video, or audio of me performing as a volunteer. If I do not want my image used, I will notify the volunteer coordinator prior to my volunteering.
The TWnM Community Food Growing Program Team